Junior UI Designer
Ekino works with a large range of clients, from corporates to startups, to create new services and transform their business for the digital world. Our clients choose to work with us because of our digital know-how, and the confidence inspired by the professionalism and unity of our multidisciplinary teams.
Our teams share the same passion for technology, which allows us to grow and evolve in a productive and constructive space. It’s because of this passion what we stay at the forefront, with an active and shared outlook - we experiment with tomorrow’s technologies today.
At ekino we invest in user experience design and innovation; in this customer-centric era this is key to our client work. Over the last few years our UX/UI design team has been in growing demand, and we need you more than ever.
This role will involve creative thinking, visualisation, asset creation, prototyping and design rationalisation.
The User Interface Designer will work under the guidance of the Senior UI to define the visual direction, and will support the UX/UI team in the execution of all Design elements.
- Contribute inspiration and help drive high level concepts and visual routes
- Create mood boards, mock-ups, prototypes/animations and visual designs to effectively communicate design ideas
- Interaction design: aware of system/user interface design at different levels of fidelity
- Create simple wireframes, understand the UX process and work with UX team on interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Work with Design team to present and articulate deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Stay updated on the latest developments, trends and thinking within design and share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients
The projects will vary, from responsive websites to mobile applications and beyond, always seeking innovative user interface solutions that best address the user needs and the business.
The UI Designer may be working on several concurrent projects.
All of our work is crafted in collaboration. You will interact with our expert teams on a daily basis: user experience and user interface designers, engineers, technical architects, business managers, etc.
You have at least 1-3 years experience in User Interface Design working within an agency or a company with a strong digital culture, and involving multidisciplinary teams.
You are self motivated and demonstrate a genuine passion for your work, and a willingness to grow as an individual and with our team.
You have exposure to working across a variety of industries and projects: from websites, to mobile applications and internal business interfaces.
You are a savvy digital user with a great creative eye and good attention to detail.
You are curious about technology, product design and digital innovation.
To you, the user interface is no longer static - motion animation & micro-interactions form an integral part of the overall user experience and you consider dynamic interfaces right from the start.
Additionally of interest if you are familiar with and enjoy creating motion animations/micro-interactions, and/or you are good at creating illustrations
Your tools: Sketch, InVision, Flinto, Principle, Framer X, Post-it, Sharpie & board, Photoshop, and maybe more.