ERP Consultant (Finance and/or Manufacturing)
As an ERP consultant, you will deploy and maintain enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, specializing in finance and manufacturing, for clients. You will determine clients' business needs, develop customized ERP solutions, and smoothly integrate ERP applications with existing infrastructure.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determine ERP needs, functional requirements via consultation, business process analysis, and observations.
- Evaluate existing IT infrastructure and recommend system improvements.
- Develop and configure customized ERP solutions.
- Support business development team by assisting to prepare proposals and presentations, performing demos, and responding to customer Pre-sales requests as needed.
- Write programs and scripts to design user-friendly interfaces and optimized functionalities. Work with developers and other team members to define client enhancement needs, set up and configure third-party integration tools.
- Deploy ERP solutions and ensure seamless system integration. Being the key point of contact for the technical components of ERP implementations, upgrades and support, from system scoping and installation to testing, go-live and support.
- Run diagnostic tests and resolve issues to enhance performance.
- Provide ERP end-user training and technical support.
- Document ERP processes and prepare deployment progress updates.
- Comply with industry regulations.
- Keep informed of the latest ERP developments, upgrades, and offerings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information system, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of databases and finance/accounting.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an ERP consultant in a similar industry, performing ERP implementations and/or end-user experience
- Extensive knowledge of business processes and ERP development tools (experience on Sage ERP solutions is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Be able to drive and challenge clients on their assumptions about their business requirements and business process.
- Customer-focused, analytical and critical thinking.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.